i-Tower is a partnership project
between Historic Royal Palaces
& Renaissance Foundation
They're not just places but palaces: buildings where monarchs and their courts lived, and where history was made. These palaces witnessed many of the defining moments of our nation, and collectively they explain much of the nation’s story.
i-Tower was a learning & engagement programme aims at creating opportunities for our young people to explore the story of how monarchs and people have shaped society, in some of the greatest palaces ever built. It also enabled a group of them to work on a digital app and develop their digital skills.
Project Focus Areas -
- High Impact Programme
- Focused on hard to reach groups
- Intense use of technology
- Encouraged long-term engagement with history and societal issues
- Delivered the first Tower of London Educational App called ( i-Tower). This one was designed, facilitated and delivered by Renaissance Foundation
- Facilitated the partnership with Ardman Animation which helped the young people's produce a special animation video
- Organised two successful celebratory events at the Tower of London
i-Tower App Launch Gallery