Career opportunities with
Join Our Team
As a Dynamic and growing London Charity having the opportunity to join our team is an exiting and rewarding career opportunity, Be part of a close and ambitious team in an open and fun environment,
Regular opportunities to Get involved with projects outside the office or attend our exclusive charity events.
Regular Training to develop your talent and supported CPD
An open and flexible work environment.
Participate in International annual visit.
If you are interested in applying for a position at our charity please send an email with copy of your CV and a 1 page cover letter,
Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.
Head of Fundraising & Operations
JOB DESCRIPTION: Head of Fundraising and Back Office Operations
Renaissance Foundation works with young people with significant challenges in their lives. We work with inspirational people, businesses and institutions to give our beneficiaries resilience, life experience and skills to enable them to achieve their potential.
We are at an exciting and pivotal point in our development, looking to broaden and grow our income streams, to strengthen our operational infrastructure, and to invest in the development and scale of our programme.
We are looking for a Head of Fundraising and Back Office Operations, who will play a critical role in making a success of our vision. This broad-ranging role will lead our fundraising efforts and impact assessment, manage our interns and intern programme, and oversee the charity’s back office operations, with an opportunity to broaden operational responsibility over time.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- With the support of the trustees and advisory board, develop the charity’s fundraising strategy
- Lead the implementation of this strategy, focusing primarily on:
- Managing relationships with and applications to trusts and foundations
- Managing smaller donor programmes
- Fundraising and engagement events
- Communications with existing funders and other potential supporters, including thank you letters for donations
- Managing the charity’s donor and supporter database
- The role will also provide support to the CEO in:
- managing relationships with major donors
- developing income streams from agencies who refer young people to us
- developing income streams from businesses and institutions with which we currently partner
- Manage interns (and employees, if relevant) working in this area
- Represent Renaissance Foundation in meetings and at events, where necessary delivering presentations
- Use the information captured by our outreach team to maintain and analyse information on participants and their activity, to develop case studies, and to measure our impact over time
- Ensure that we remain clear on the needs of our participants, using research where necessary, and that our impact addresses these needs
Managing our interns and intern programme
- Recruit and manage interns to support:
- fundraising - particularly drafting fundraising applications, research, database management, events and communication
- impact measurement
- office administration
- Develop a structured programme for interns, to ensure that the charity derives maximum benefit from their support, and to ensure that we provide the interns with specific areas of development
Managing back office operations
- Manage all the charity’s service providers, including property, utilities, insurance, travel and office supplies, and proactively seek cost reductions and/or improvements in quality
- Manage all aspects of employee administration, including induction, annual leave and sickness, expenses and payroll
- Assist in identifying training needs for staff and organising internal and external training courses
- Maintain complete records of all financial transactions, including receipts
- Support the treasurer in producing management accounts, forecasts, budgets and longer-term plans
- Ensure that income and expenditure are managed in line with budget
- Maintain the charity’s policies and ensure their implementation
Skills and experience:
- Experience of fundraising would be highly advantageous, even if not in a direct fundraising role
- Excellent written English, with extensive experience of business and/or marketing communication, is critical
- Excellent oral communication skills, and the ability to engage with different types of people, are also essential
- Management of people in an office environment would be advantageous
- Experience of office management would also be helpful
- Ability to engage and communicate with a broad range of people
- Flexibility, and enthusiasm for working in the fast-paced and constantly changing environment of a growing service- providing charity
- Conscientious and responsible
- Ability to support and enthuse others and maintain a professional image
- Effective time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise competing demands, even when under pressure, in a methodical and systematic manner