RF Internship Programme
RF Internship Programme
After numerous requests to join our team, the charity decided to create a dedicated internship programme to help provide transferable and personal development skills to ambitious and engaged applicants,
As a close team we encourage an inclusive and open environment the perfect opportunity to understand how a charity works and to learn from all of the different departments and operational areas provides an excellent entry point which can be applicable for future careers both within the third sector and most companies, virtually all of our interns either go on to careers at other charities immediately following their experiance with us or on occasion are even offered full time career roles with Renaissance Foundation itself,
We only have a handful of Internship opportunities a year so that we can keep them high quality and focused on the individual taking part.
Social Media & Communications Internship
We are looking for an engaging Social Media & Communications Intern to join our close and growing team in a locally based London charity.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone wanting to gain hands on experiance overseeing and planing social media campaigns and having access to training from our network of supporting media organisations, With a host of High-profile individuals and partners this is an excellent way for the aplicant to gain exposure and experiance in a practice way.
You will work with the Charities CEO and Board member who oversees the communications strategy to plan and implement the derlivery of the communications plan and social media strategy.
- Undertake weekly management and maintenance of our social media channels, Facebook and Twitter, including identifying and creating content in line with the projects Social Media Strategy
- Provide timely and appropriate responses where necessary, escalating issues to the Project Manager if needed
- Use reporting tools and metrics to analyse and feedback to Project Manager
- To contribute to the development of the Renaissance Foundation & young people's Youth media channel's Social Media and Digital Communications strategy
- To observe the Volunteers Code of Conduct
- Have experience of using social media, particularly Facebook & Twitter
- Familiar with Twitter analytics dashboard and Facebook Insights
- An understanding of or interest in social networks and issues facing local community and voluntary groups would be an advantage
- Have strong written and verbal skills
- Fluent in English
- Have strong digital copy skills
- Be organised and have good attention to detail
- Be proactive, with an enthusiastic attitude
- Be creative
- Based at Renaissance Foundation offices in Shoreditch, London
- From 2 hours per week
- Induction & further Training during role
- Working with and supervised by Project Manager througout.
Benefits for volunteers
- Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our expenses procedure
- Enjoy the experience of volunteering as part of a small friendly team and meeting new people.
- Become involved in making a difference in your local community
- Increase your confidence and gain new skills
- Use your experience with Renaissance Foundation to seek work in the Social Media and Digital Marketing field or Voluntary Sector
- Induction and support from the Project Manager
- Supervision will be proportionate to the volunteers’ time commitment, minimum of monthly for the first three months
- All supervision will be recorded. A formal supervision session will be held monthly by the Project Manager
Fundraising & Development Intern
Fundraising and Development Internship
Renaissance Foundation is a UK registered charity that works to inspire young hospital transition patients, young careers and school pupils at risk to achieve their full potential. Renaissance Foundation raises funds each year from companies, individuals, and events to support projects, which create sustainable change to improve the lives of young people living with significant life challenges.
We are now seeking a driven and passionate intern to support our communications and upcoming fundraising events and opportunities. This is a perfect opportunity for someone wanting to gain hands on experience, overseeing fundraising and will be a crucial role to the charities development.
You will have access to training from our excellent network of supporting media organisations. With a host of high-profile individuals and partners, this is an excellent way for the applicant to gain exposure and hands on experience. You will also be working directly with the charities CEO and board members, who oversee the strategy plan and implement the delivery of the communications and social media strategy.
This internship will be of particular interest to someone wanting to gain knowledge and experience supporting fundraising in all streams. As an intern, you will provide general support to the team, both in the office and at events, including private donor events and public events. You will work towards setting and achieving fundraising targets with the Fundraising Development Manager. The successful candidate will be provided with a tailored mentoring programme and many learning and development opportunities.
If you have a particular interest in developing fundraising skills not directly listed below please ensure these are highlighted in your cover letter.
This position is unpaid but reasonable expenses will be covered. Renaissance Foundation is committed to the quality of the internship program we offer.
Location: Shoreditch, London
Hours: 2-3 days per week (Dependent on hours worked per day)
Duration: 6 months with possibility of career progression
Organising Fundraising events:
· Conducting possible events and venue research
· Assisting in the organisation of research and design of new donor cultivation events
· Organising raffle prizes and other sponsorship
· Recruit and encourage participants for fundraising events
· Assisting with the set-up of equipment, materials and stands at events
· Representing Renaissance Foundation to the public and supporters
· Maintain communication with supporters and organising thank you letters etc.
· Logging all actions on charities database
· Potential corporate and major donor fundraising sources research
· Making initial telephone/email enquiries to potential funders/sponsors
· Provide support in data gathering for proposal writing and submission
· Support the development of proposals to individuals and corporates identified
· Sending letters and emails as required. Adhoc office administration – filing, laminating, etc.
· Attend and contribute to weekly meetings with the team
At Renaissance Foundation there is always room for creativity, so the ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, with a positive proactive attitude and an organised go getter.
To have an understanding or interest in social media. The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal skills, with excellent attention to detail. Experience of using full Microsoft office packages is a must. Having some knowledge of Issues facing local community and voluntary groups would be an advantageous.
Benefits for volunteers
Become involved in making a difference in your local community. Enjoy the experience of volunteering as part of a small friendly team and meeting new people. Gaining valuable knowledge and skills that can be transferable to any organisation i.e. NGO’s, Charities etc. Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our expenses procedure.